Los Angelenos have been cooped up for a while now. With movie theaters still closed and restaurants limited to outdoor dining, homeowners are looking for ways to entertain themselves. Some are rediscovering their own backyards.
The patio area offers ample opportunities for relaxation and recreation. Here’s how to breathe new life into your neglected patio, pool deck, or veranda.
4 Easy Patio Makeover Ideas
Bring the Inside Outside
Recreate your living room outside with comfortable outdoor furniture and weatherproof accouterments.
- Update your patio furniture: Spring for lounge-worthy furniture. Today’s patio accessories emphasize elegance and place a premium on comfort. A sunbed, lounge chair, and a series of matching coffee tables are ideal for lazy Sundays. As for materials, you can’t go wrong with unvarnished teak. Or you can rehabilitate weathered furniture with a fresh coat of paint and new cushions as a budget-friendly option.
- Add more creature comforts: Give your outdoor space a pop of color and pattern with weather-resistant throw pillows and area rugs. Just be sure to stow them before the Santa Ana winds sweep them away.
Throw Some Shade
If you plan on spending more time outside, you’ll need a respite from the sun. Consider one of these stylish structures that can shield you from UV rays.
- Pergola: This stately structure is an easy way to add an overhead covering without the need for a solid roof. Four vertical posts support a series of open crossbeams that filter harsh sunlight.
- Shade sail: This is a quick and easy way to add instant shade. A large swatch of fabric tensioned between several anchor points both looks and feels cool.
Light it Up
Kick back under the stars with ambient lighting throughout your outdoor space. Consider these simple ways to illuminate your deck or patio.
- String lights: Wrap them around trees. String them along fences. Run them overhead. No matter how you do it, string lights are a fun way to accent your outdoor paradise.
- Fire features: There’s nothing like relaxing by an open flame. Consider a fire bowl, fire column, or a fire table to add a spark atmosphere.
Transform the Floor
That cracked, gray concrete floor has got to go. A polyurea floor coating makes an attractive, slip-resistant surface that will last for decades to come. Polyurea is a durable, flexible system for concrete floors that improves your garage or outdoor area's aesthetics. Our certified applicators will work with you to create a custom color and blend of flakes to tie together your home’s exterior and surrounding environment. Turn to the Los Angeles concrete floor coating specialists at ALLBRiGHT PAINTING. To schedule your appointment, call (661) 464-0771.