If you are looking for an instant interior house painting estimate, you can use the price estimator on our website by clicking here.
Average Interior Painting Cost In Los Angeles, CA
The cost to paint the interior of an L.A. home depends on several key factors including:
- The quality of paints used
- Amount of prep needed
- How many coats are applied
- Size of the space being painted
- The amount of protection needed to cover non painted surfaces and areas
To expand on the above, we’ve painted a bedroom that’s taken a few short hours and cost around $300 and then spent over a week painting a single bedroom with two painters with a total cost of over $5,000.
Some rooms simply have more detail and require more specialty painting including cabinetry, molding, multiple colors, faux finishes, wallpaper removal, etc.
We will keep our focus more on the general painting cost to give you an idea of what you can expect to pay for quality interior painting.
This information is based on our costs which are competitive with most professional, fully licensed and insured painting companies serving Greater Los Angeles.
You can always find a company that will paint your home’s interior for “cheap,” but typically those contractors will not have proper licensing, insurance, worker’s compensation, or will have untrained painters working for them.
General Pricing For Part Of The Home
Most painting companies (including our own) do not price work on an hourly basis.
With that being said, we can work this way and do complicated projects.
Our hourly rates tend to range from $55-$70 a man/hr.
Other costs to consider will be materials which tend to range from 10-20% of the cost of the job depending on the quality of paint you choose.
- Average bedroom (walls & ceilings: freshened up): less than $350
- Painting a hallway with standard ceiling heights (walls only): under $300
- Painting a master bedroom suite and bathroom (walls, ceilings, doors, and trim, 20×25): $950-$1,500
- Painting a large entry area with 20-foot ceilings (walls only): under $1,500
- Painting standard kitchen cabinets (converting from wood to paint-grade): $3,000 for small kitchens (3 days) or $5,000-$7,500 for large kitchens and sometimes a glaze applied (with a center island)
- Painting a powder room: under $300. A powder room, though small, requires a lot of brushwork and working in a tight space. Typically this requires half a day of work.
- A whole-house interior (4 bedroom/3 baths) walls and baseboards, changing colors, 2 coats): Averages $4,000-$6,500.
Painter For A Day
One thing to consider when looking for a quality painting company is to have them start by doing a small project.
ALLBRiGHT 1-800-PAINTING has a special program called Painter For A Day. This is a low-risk and cost-efficient way to see how we work. We can typically paint a couple of bedrooms in a day and sometimes a little more for a flat rate.
Currently, our Paint-For-A-Day™ rate is $595 which includes seven hours of labor, and all the tools and prep materials to paint anything you want. Sometimes there is an additional charge for paint materials.
Receive An Instant House Painting Estimate
I hope you find this information helpful as you do your interior painting pricing research. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
If you wish to get a free good faith estimate contact us today or use our instant online estimator which only takes a couple of minutes.